OUTSOURCED DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Your Questions Answered
Who Needs a Data Protection Officer?
Article 37 of GDPR states that your organisation must appoint a dedicated Data Protection Officer (DPO) if:
- You are a public authority or body
- Your core activities involve “large scale, regular, and systematic monitoring of individuals”
- Your core activities involve “large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences.”
Yet even if that doesn’t apply to you, appointing a DPO is still a good idea.
For one thing, it benefits your reputation by proving you’re an organisation who takes data protection seriously. For another, it ensures there’s a dedicated person on hand to help you maintain compliance and handle privacy-related tasks like Data Subject Access Requests, freeing up the rest of your staff and resources to focus on growth.
Why Outsource DPO Services?
Of course, there’s nothing to stop you from hiring an internal DPO as long as they’ve got the experience and expertise needed to do the job effectively, but let’s be honest:
That can be a costly, complicated, and time-consuming process.
Go for an external hire, and you’re left dealing with a lengthy and expensive recruitment process, all while mission-critical compliance issues go unattended to.
Look internally, and finding someone suitably qualified is only half the battle. You then either have to pull them away from their core duties to work solely on data protection or otherwise meet GDPR regulations which state that their other duties don’t present a conflict of interest.
There is an easier way.
With outsourced DPO services from Relentless, your company could save as much as £20,000 on appointing a Data Protection Officer when compared to hiring an internal recruit.
What’s more, we get to work right away, meaning you start getting the GDPR support you need as soon as you need it.
To discuss your DPO requirements, book your free initial consultation with us online today, or call Relentless Privacy & Compliance on +44 (0) 121 582 0192.
Save Thousands on GDPR Compliance
With Relentless DPO as a Service, you get access to both expert guidance and practical support with all day-to-day and board-level data privacy tasks, including:
- Data breach monitoring, management and reporting
- Data Protection Impact Assessments assistance
- Design and creation of policies and procedures
- Development and maintenance of your Personal Data Processing Register (the ‘Article 30’ record)
- Maintenance of Data Mapping
- Maintenance Record of Processing Activities
- Organisation of policy and contract reviews
- Serving as your organisation’s official point of contact to data protection authorities for all data protection issues.
All of this for thousands of pounds less than what it would cost you to recruit, onboard and pay an internal hire.
When you work with Relentless, you’ll also receive:
- 1 day per month of onsite support
- Unlimited Support Calls
- Unlimited Email Support
- Monthly C Level board-level report.
Discover the benefits of outsourced Data Protection Officer services. Fill in the form below to arrange a free call back from one of our team, or speak to us now on +44 (0) 121 582 0192
GET IN TOUCH TO LEARN MORE